simple question about two 'servers' on same OS

From: Gary Webster <webster(at)lexmark(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: simple question about two 'servers' on same OS
Date: 2012-08-01 19:44:42
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello.

When running two 'separate' instances of Postgres on the same machine (diff
ports), do I also have two separate installs of the binaries (prefix), or
only two separate datadir ?

If the former, should I make another "postgresb" superuser, or use the same
one?

If I have two separate prefix dirs, & only one "postgres" superuser, which
is its home dir, or does it matter?

Thanks.