Re: BUG #14963: Number of wal files are keep on increasing

From: Raghavendra Rao J S V <raghavendrajsv(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #14963: Number of wal files are keep on increasing
Date: 2017-12-12 01:43:55
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi David,

We are using pg_basebackup to take the backup of the database. The version
of PostgreSQL is *9.2.9. *My Postgres database configs are as below.

wal_buffers = 16MB
max_wal_senders = 1
wal_level = archive
archive_mode = on
checkpoint_segments = 50
wal_keep_segments = 80
checkpoint_completion_target = 0.9
synchronous_commit = on

Do we have any command to minimize the wall files. Day by day number of wal
files are increasing due to that slowly disk will be full.

Regards,
Raghavendra Rao

--
Regards,