How to avoid dead rows in tables.

From: Raghavendra Rao J S V <raghavendrajsv(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to avoid dead rows in tables.
Date: 2018-08-06 07:04:45
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi All,

auto vacuum is enabled in our database. But few of the tables contains the
dead tuples more than 5,000 records. Number of dead rows are keep on
increasing day by day if we didn’t perform the vacuum full. Monthly once we
are performing vacuum full by stopping application server process. Later we
are restarting the application server process.

How to avoid accumulating the dead tuples for those tables. Is there any
other approach to remove the dead tuple’s without vacuum full/down time.

Note:- We are using the postgres version 9.2

--
Regards,
Raghavendra Rao J S V