Re: [BackendXidGetPid] only access allProcs when xid matches

From: Junwang Zhao <zhjwpku(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(dot)oss(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [BackendXidGetPid] only access allProcs when xid matches
Date: 2023-08-09 15:06:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Aug 9, 2023 at 10:46 PM Ashutosh Bapat
<ashutosh(dot)bapat(dot)oss(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 9, 2023 at 9:30 AM Junwang Zhao <zhjwpku(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> >
> > In function `BackendXidGetPid`, when looping every proc's
> > TransactionId, there is no need to access its PGPROC since there
> > is shared memory access: `arrayP->pgprocnos[index]`.
> >
> > Though the compiler can optimize this kind of inefficiency, I
> > believe we should ship with better code.
> >

> Looks good to me. However, I would just move the variable declaration
> with their assignments inside the if () rather than combing the
> expressions. It more readable that way.

yeah, make sense, also checked elsewhere using the original style,
attachment file
keep that style, thanks ;)

--
Regards
Junwang Zhao

Attachment Content-Type Size
v2-0001-BackendXidGetPid-only-access-allProcs-when-xid-ma.patch application/octet-stream 1.2 KB