Needed: Innovative RoR / Ruby 1.9.2 / Rails 3 / JS Developer - Postgres Experience Preferred

From: Alexandra Glowaski <alex(dot)glow(at)ownpointofsale(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Needed: Innovative RoR / Ruby 1.9.2 / Rails 3 / JS Developer - Postgres Experience Preferred
Date: 2011-11-15 19:35:43
Lists: pgsql-jobs

http://ownpointofsale.com/jobs

We have spent the last 2.5 years building a cloud-based point-of-sale
platform that runs in a browser on our own custom 12" tablet. We are
currently looking to augment our current engineering team with exceptional,
driven software engineers.

Own engineers are creative problem solvers who are driven by innovation and
a thirst for blood (building bleeding-edge technology). They are a key
component of a development process that emphasises creative design,
exceptional quality and flawless execution.

Job Qualifications and Requirements - Qualified candidates will have
experience/knowledge in:
• Ruby On Rails and JS development best practices
• Systems integration
• Managing multiple projects and deadlines
• Delivering exceptional customer service
• Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Assessing the progress of development
• Project scoping and estimation
• Transactional systems (preferably commerce)
• Strong written and oral communication skills

Required Education and Experience qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 4+ years experience in Object Oriented Development
• Strong experience in Ruby On Rails, Javascript, Jquery and Postgres
• UNIX administration is also helpful
• Must be extremely detail oriented.

Other Info:
US Citizens and/or US Green Card holders are encouraged to apply. We are
unable to sponsor candidates at this time. 3rd Party Recruiting/Sales calls
will not be accepted.

Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US.
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
*To Apply:* Send CV and cover letter to *work(at)ownpointofsale(dot)com*