Re: Learning EXPLAIN

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Flávio Henrique <yoshimit(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: postgres performance list <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Learning EXPLAIN
Date: 2017-12-08 13:20:16
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi,

> Hi experts!
>
> I read this nice article about Understanding EXPLAIN [1] weeks ago that
> opened my mind about the tool, but it seems no enough to explain a lot of
> plans that I see in this list.

Thanks.

I often read responses to a plan that are not covered by the article.

> I need/want to know EXPLAIN better.
>
> Can you kindly advise me a good reading about advanced EXPLAIN?

There's not much out there. This document was written after reading this
list, viewing some talks (you may find a lot of them on youtube), and
reading the code.

I intend to update this document, since I learned quite more since 2012.
Though I didn't find the time yet :-/

Anyway, thanks.

--
Guillaume.