Re: Extensions not dumped when --schema is used

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Extensions not dumped when --schema is used
Date: 2021-03-15 10:37:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Le lun. 15 mars 2021 à 11:32, Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com> a écrit :

> Le lun. 15 mars 2021 à 18:25, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz> a
> écrit :
>
>> On Mon, Mar 15, 2021 at 06:21:55PM +0800, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
>> > Is that a feature you really want to see in pg14? If yes and if you're
>> sure
>> > you won't have time to work on the patch within 2 weeks I can take care
>> of
>> > addressing all comments.
>>
>> A lot of things will depend on the feature freeze date, but the sooner
>> a version is available, the sooner I could look at what is proposed.
>>

> I totally agree.
>
> Recalling my memories of the discussion, there was not much to
>> address, and the logic was rather clear.
>>

> yes, I just had a look it's only a matter of adapting the tests to
> test_pg_dump and fixing a few typos AFAICS.

Jeez, you're answering too fast. I was working on my own answer when Julien
sent another reply 😅

Anyways. Yeah, I know we're near feature freeze. This feature would be nice
to have, but I don't feel strongly about it. I think this feature is
currently lacking in PostgreSQL but I don't much care if it makes it to 14
or any future release. If you have time to work on the pg_dump test suite
and are interested, then sure, go ahead, I'm fine with this. Otherwise I'll
do it in a few weeks and if it means it'll land in v15, then be it. That's
not an issue in itself.

Though, I really appreciate the concern. Thanks.