Misunderstanding on the FSM README file

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Misunderstanding on the FSM README file
Date: 2014-12-07 12:03:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I've been reading the FSM README file lately
(src/backend/storage/freespace/README), and I'm puzzled by one of the graph
(the binary tree structure of an FSM file). Here it is:

4
4 2
3 4 0 2 <- This level represents heap pages

Shouldn't the last line be:
4 3 2 0

(ie, highest number of free space on the left node, lowest on the right one)

Probably just nitpicking, but still, I'm wondering if I missed something
out.

Thanks.

--
Guillaume.