Re: "Multiple table synchronizations are processed serially" still happens

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: "Multiple table synchronizations are processed serially" still happens
Date: 2021-05-11 14:32:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Le mer. 28 avr. 2021 à 11:37, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> a
écrit :

> Le mer. 28 avr. 2021 à 11:12, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
> a écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> One of my customers has an issue with logical replication. As $SUBJECT
>> says, multiple table synchronization happens serially. To be honest, it
>> doesn't do this every time. It happens when the tables are big enough.
>>
>> This issue was already described on this thread (from 2017):
>> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAD21AoC2KJdavS7MFffmSsRc1dn3Vg_0xmuc=UpBrZ-_MUxh-Q(at)mail(dot)gmail(dot)com
>>
>> This thread was closed by a commit (
>> https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=6c2003f8a1bbc7c192a2e83ec51581c018aa162f)
>> which apparently fixed the issue for the OP.
>>
>> Attached is a small test case where it still happens for me on 12.6,
>> 11.11, and 10.16. I can't make it happen on 13.2. I don't know why. It may
>> imply bigger tables for 13.2, but why? I simply don't know.
>>

> Actually, it also happens on 13.2.

Ping? :)

It's been two weeks and no answer as far as I can tell. I may have missed
something on this issue but I don't see what. It's not a big deal, but I
would rather understand what's going on.

Thanks.

--
Guillaume.