Re: Access to pg_hba.conf

From: Phil Dobbin <phildobbin(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pg_nov <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Access to pg_hba.conf
Date: 2011-11-19 00:53:09
Lists: pgsql-novice

On 18/11/11 23:27, "Jane Geering" <jane(dot)geering(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I have a functioning PostgreSQL 9.1.1 installation on a Mac OSX 10.6.8
> machine, installed using EnterpriseDB one-click installer.  The data files are
> (presumably) in /Library/PostgreSQL/9.1/data/.
>
> From my reading of the docs I believe this is where pg_hba.conf will be found.
>  What do I have to do to gain access to the files in the /data directory?
> Tried RTFM but frankly am too intellectually challenged to understand.  Can
> anyone help?

You can do it by:

$sudo su
$password

#su postgres
bash3.2: whoami
bash3.2: _postgres

Which will give you access to all postgres directories & files. But there is
probably a much better solution on its way to you from more learned members
than I ;-)...

Cheers,

Phil.

--
Nothing to see here... move along, move along