Re: Real novice question: Roles

From: Phil Dobbin <phildobbin(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pg_nov <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Real novice question: Roles
Date: 2011-11-18 17:45:58
Lists: pgsql-novice

On 18/11/11 16:54, "Daniel Staal" <DStaal(at)usa(dot)net> wrote:

> And then there's the advance question: Can you tell someone why this
> worked and why what you were doing before didn't?
>
> (We don't need a reply. But this is the difference between a copy-paste
> scripter and a true admin.)

Whether a reply is warranted or not is the domain of the replyee ;-).

Coming from MySQL to PostgreSQL, I find the pgsql documentation somewhat
obfuscated. I needed to get in this one instance a working PostgreSQL
database running for a RoR project I'm doing (normally I'd use MySQL or
NoSQL) so I needed a quick & dirty way to get running in order to start
examining the documentation further.

Having achieved this with the help of Jean-Yves & others, I'm good to go.

Cheers,

Phil...

--
Nothing to see here... move along, move along