Re: PGweb: Patches and tests

From: Rodrigo Ramírez Norambuena <decipher(dot)hk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PGweb: Patches and tests
Date: 2019-09-15 17:34:42
Lists: pgsql-www

On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 12:25 PM Rodrigo Ramírez Norambuena
<decipher(dot)hk(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 4:05 PM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:
> >

> > For 0005, I would not put that in a migration. I would put that in a
> > test runner or whatever script we will use to build the test
> > environment, to mock varnish (if we need to -- not sure if we do?).
>
> Mock the varnish in first step could be more obfuscate because a
> purge_urls is present in the almost all models. The kick start is a
> add sql into db as varnish_local, after that could add a helper to
> test varnish function to load these functions in db.
>
> About not put in migration seams good choice but this migration run
> only in test model. I'll could find a other way to add for the runner
> or more clean. If you have any idea about this let me know.

For this topic, I attach a new patch with a runner. Inside the runner
is execute SQL sentences for Varnish.

This is better approach against to previous inside of migration model.

Regards!
--
Rodrigo Ramírez Norambuena
http://www.rodrigoramirez.com/

Attachment Content-Type Size
0005-Refactor-Remove-extra-else-in-__str__-for-Quote.patch text/x-patch 3.7 KB