Re: [sqlsmith] Parallel worker crash on seqscan

From: Ashutosh Sharma <ashu(dot)coek88(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andreas Seltenreich <seltenreich(at)gmx(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [sqlsmith] Parallel worker crash on seqscan
Date: 2016-11-21 12:16:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

> the following query appears to reliably crash parallel workers on master
> as of 0832f2d.

> set max_parallel_workers_per_gather to 2;
> set force_parallel_mode to 1;
>
> select subq.context from pg_settings,
> lateral (select context from pg_opclass limit 1) as subq
> limit 1;

As suggested, I have tried to reproduce this issue on *0832f2d* commit but
could not reproduce it. I also tried it on the latest commit in master
branch and could not reproduce here as well. Amit (included in this email
thread) has also tried it once and he was also not able to reproduce it.
Could you please let me know if there is something more that needs to be
done in order to reproduce it other than what you have shared above. Thanks.

With Regards,
Ashutosh Sharma.