Re: recovering from "found xmin ... from before relfrozenxid ..."

From: Ashutosh Sharma <ashu(dot)coek88(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: MBeena Emerson <mbeena(dot)emerson(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: recovering from "found xmin ... from before relfrozenxid ..."
Date: 2020-07-29 04:37:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Beena,

Thanks for the review.

1. We would be marking buffer dirty and writing wal even if we have
> not done any changes( ex if we pass invalid/dead tids). Maybe we can
> handle this better?

Yeah, we can skip this when nothing has changed. Will take care of it in
the next version of patch.

> cosmetic changes
> 1. Maybe "HTupleSurgicalOption" instead of "HTupleForceOption" and
> also the variable names could use surgery instead.

I think that looks fine. I would rather prefer the word "Force" just
because all the enum options contain the word "Force" in it.

> 2. extension comment pg_surgery.control "extension to perform surgery
> the damaged heap table" -> "extension to perform surgery on the
> damaged heap table"

Okay, will fix that typo.

--
With Regards,