Re: Re: PATCH: pageinspect / add page_checksum and bt_page_items(bytea)

From: Ashutosh Sharma <ashu(dot)coek88(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: PATCH: pageinspect / add page_checksum and bt_page_items(bytea)
Date: 2017-04-04 16:55:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

As I am not seeing any response from Tomas for last 2-3 days and since
the commit-fest is coming towards end, I have planned to work on the
review comments that I had given few days back and submit the updated
patch. PFA new version of patch that takes care of all the review
comments given by me. I have also ran pgindent on btreefuncs.c file
and have run some basic test cases. All looks fine to me now!

Please note that this patch still belongs to Tomas not me. I still
remain the reviewer of this patch. The same thing has been very
clearly mentioned in the attached patch. The only intention behind
Ashutosh (reviewer) working on this patch is to ensure that we do not
miss the things that can easily get committed in this commit-fest.
Thanks.

--
With Regards,
Ashutosh Sharma

On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 7:23 PM, David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net> wrote:
> On 4/4/17 9:43 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 9:32 AM, David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net> wrote:
>>> My goal is to help people focus on patches that have a chance. At this
>>> point I think that includes poking authors who are not being responsive
>>> using the limited means at my disposal.
>>
>> +1. Pings on specific threads can help clear things up when, for
>> example, the author and reviewer are each waiting for the other. And,
>> as you say, they also help avoid the situation where a patch just
>> falls off the radar and misses the release for no especially good
>> reason, which naturally causes people frustration.
>>
>> I think your pings have been quite helpful, although I think it would
>> have been better in some cases if you'd done them sooner. Pinging
>> after a week, with a 3 day deadline, when there are only a few days
>> left in the CommitFest isn't really leaving a lot of room to maneuver.
>
> Thanks for the feedback! My thinking is that I don't want to bug people
> too soon, but there's a maximum number of days a thread should be idle.
> Over the course of the CF that has gone from 10 days, to 7, 5, and 3.
>
> I don't look at all patches every day so it can be a bit uneven, i.e.,
> all patches are allowed certain amount of idle time, but some may get a
> bit more depending on when I check up on them.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> -David
> david(at)pgmasters(dot)net

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-pageinspect-Add-bt_page_items-function-with-bytea-v6.patch text/x-patch 11.4 KB