ICU support on Windows

From: Ashutosh Sharma <ashu(dot)coek88(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ICU support on Windows
Date: 2017-06-10 09:40:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi All,

Currently, we cannot perform ICU enabled build for postgres on Windows
platform. However, this can be done on Linux platforms using
'--with-icu' configuration parameter. Attached is the patch that
allows us to perform icu enabled build for postgres on Windows
platform provided that we have correct version of ICU libraries
installed on our system.

With the help of attached patch, we can use icu feature on Windows.
All we have to do is, download the ICU libraries from - [1] and add
the installation path for icu libraires in config.pl like,

icu => 'E:\Users\pg\icu',

[1]- http://site.icu-project.org/download/53

--
With Regards,
Ashutosh Sharma

Attachment Content-Type Size
ICU_support_windows.patch application/octet-stream 2.6 KB