Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints

From: Ashutosh Sharma <ashu(dot)coek88(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Greg Nancarrow <gregn4422(at)gmail(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints
Date: 2021-12-06 14:23:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thank you, Dilip for the quick response. I am okay with the changes done in
the v7 patch.

One last point - If we try to clone a huge database, as expected CREATE
DATABASE emits a lot of WALs, causing a lot of intermediate checkpoints
which seems to be affecting the performance slightly.

--
With Regards,
Ashutosh Sharma.