Re: Upgrade question, going from 8.3 to 9.1...

From: Ned Wolpert <ned(dot)wolpert(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>, Віталій Тимчишин <tivv00(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Upgrade question, going from 8.3 to 9.1...
Date: 2012-02-16 21:58:13
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

We have one query that uses postgis and it returns bytea stuff, so we'll
need to set
bytea_output=escape
as default in our configuration file until the drivers are updated. But
sounds like that's the main issue for us.

Hopefully this will go easy. I haven't run into any problems yet, I'm now
going through the tuning we did for 8.3 and verifying what tuning makes
sense still, but I'm happy to see only a few small bumps in regards to the
JDBC driver.

Thanks

--
Virtually, Ned Wolpert
http://codehead.tumblr.com/

"Settle thy studies, Faustus, and begin..." --Marlowe