Re: Standby corruption after master is restarted

From: Emre Hasegeli <emre(at)hasegeli(dot)com>
To: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>, gurkan(dot)gur(at)innogames(dot)com, david(dot)pusch(at)innogames(dot)com, patrick(dot)schmidt(at)innogames(dot)com
Subject: Re: Standby corruption after master is restarted
Date: 2018-04-17 15:14:05
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

> OK, this seems to confirm the theory that there's a race condition between
> segment recycling and replicating. It's likely limited to short period after
> a crash, otherwise we'd probably see many more reports.

I am suspicious about this part. It cannot be happening 2 times to us
and never to anybody else. Maybe people do not report it because it
is easy to deal with the problem. You just delete the corrupted WAL
file. Or maybe there is something special in our infrastructure.

Thank you for your help so far.

>> This is the connection information. Although the master shows SSL
>> compression is disabled in despite of being explicitly asked for.

> Hmmm, that seems like a separate issue. When you say 'master shows SSL
> compression is disabled' where do you see that?

I thought it might be related first, so I mentioned. Then I found out
on pg_stat_ssl view on the server that it is actually disabled.
Probably the configuration of OpenSSL is disabling it.