Note that ALTER TABLE cannot alter generated stored columns

From: Emre Hasegeli <emre(at)hasegeli(dot)com>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Note that ALTER TABLE cannot alter generated stored columns
Date: 2021-05-30 13:25:23
Lists: pgsql-docs

I was trying to change the generation expression of a generated stored
column using ALTER TABLE. It took me a while before I figured SET
GENERATED applies only to generated identity columns. I think it'd be
useful to note this in the documentation with something like the
attached.

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-doc-Note-that-ALTER-TABLE-cannot-alter-generated-sto.patch application/octet-stream 2.0 KB