postgres port 5434 not being allowed when remote server is accessing

From: Mark Steben <mark(dot)steben(at)drivedominion(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: postgres port 5434 not being allowed when remote server is accessing
Date: 2018-08-01 16:22:18
Lists: pgsql-admin

Good morning,

We run postgres 9.4.8 on our GNU linux standby server. We run 3 instances
receiving data there:
1. a slony instance - port 5432
2. standby instance 1 - port 5433
3. standby instance 2 - port 5434

We run connection strings in another GNU linux server to access the data on
our standby server.

We can access the postgres instances on port 5432 and port 5433 but not
port 5434.

All the instances are up and running on the standby server. Any insights
as to why 5434 does not work?

Thank you

--
*Mark Steben*