Re: contrib/sepgsql regression tests are a no-go

From: Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: contrib/sepgsql regression tests are a no-go
Date: 2011-09-26 09:08:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> As a stopgap, what about removing sepgsql from the list of contrib
> modules tested by "make -C contrib check"?  (I haven't looked at
> exactly how ugly it might be to do that, nor whether we'd have to also
> disable installcheck from recursing to sepgsql.)

Is it unavailable to provide a hint to inform the main Makefile this contrib
module does not support either make 'check' or 'installcheck'?

For example, How about an idea to add REGRESS_AVAILABLE that
takes empty, 'only-check' or 'only-checkinstall'; and skip regression test
when 'only-checkinstall' is set on this?
If so, we shall handle similar cases in the future; without trade-off.

I also think it is not a reasonable option to remove --with-selinux to restain
regression test, instead of libselinux version checks.

Thanks,