[bug] relcache leaks in get_object_address

From: Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PgHacker <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: [bug] relcache leaks in get_object_address
Date: 2011-10-13 15:10:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I noticed a problem of get_object_address() with missing_ok = true.

When we try to solve the name of nonexistent rule/trigger/constraint on
a particular existing table, get_object_address_relobject() opens the
relation, but address.objectId = InvalidOid shall be set.

I think it should be closed if the queried object was missing, although
existing code does not invoke get_object_address() with missing_ok = true.

Thanks,