Re: [v9.2] Fix Leaky View Problem

From: Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, Kohei(dot)Kaigai(at)emea(dot)nec(dot)com, thom(at)linux(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [v9.2] Fix Leaky View Problem
Date: 2012-01-08 15:32:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>> I guess you concerned about that expected/select_views_1.out is
>> patched, not expected/select_views.out.
>> I'm not sure the reason why regression test script tries to make diff
>> between results/select_views and expected/select_views_1.out.
>
> select_views.out and select_views_1.out are alternate expected output
> files.  The regression tests pass if the actual output matches either
> one.  Thus, you have to patch both.

It was new for me. The attached patch updates both of the expected
files, however, I'm not certain whether select_view.out is suitable, or
not, because my results/select_view.out matched with expected/select_view_1.out.

> BTW, can you also resubmit the leakproof stuff as a separate patch for
> the last CF?  Want to make sure we get that into 9.2, if at all
> possible.

Yes, it shall be attached on the next message.

Thanks,

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgsql-regtest-leaky-views.2.patch application/octet-stream 27.0 KB