Re: Tab completion for TABLESAMPLE

From: Brendan Jurd <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Petr Jelinek <petr(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Tab completion for TABLESAMPLE
Date: 2015-06-19 07:08:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, 14 Jun 2015 at 20:44 Petr Jelinek <petr(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

> looks like I omitted psql tab completion from the TABLESAMPLE patch. The
> attached patch adds it.

Hi Petr,

I'm doing an initial review of this patch.

It applies and compiles cleanly. Code style is consistent with its
surroundings.

With the patch applied, psql correctly offers a list of existing
tablesample methods for completion whenever the previous word is
'TABLESAMPLE'. I did notice that the syntax of the TABLESAMPLE clause
requires brackets after the method name, but the tab completion does not
complete the opening bracket. Whereas, say, ALTER FUNCTION does. I think
it would be convenient and user-friendly to complete the opening bracket --
it would make it perfectly clear that an argument is required for the
syntax to be valid.

Otherwise, no issues with the patch.

Cheers,
BJ