Re: gaussian distribution pgbench

From: Mitsumasa KONDO <kondo(dot)mitsumasa(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: KONDO Mitsumasa <kondo(dot)mitsumasa(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: gaussian distribution pgbench
Date: 2014-02-14 11:54:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I add exponential distribution random generator (and little bit
refactoring:) ).
I use inverse transform method to create its distribution. It's very
simple method that is
created by - log (rand()). We can control slope of distribution using
threshold parameter.
It is same as gaussian threshold.

usage example
pgbench --exponential=NUM -S

Attached graph is created with exponential threshold = 5. We can see
exponential
distribution in the graphs. It supports -S, -N options and custom script.
So we set
"¥setexponential [var] [min] [max] [threshold]" in a transaction pattern
file,
it appear distribution we want.

We have no time to fix its very much... But I think almost part of patch
have been completed.

Regards,
--
Mitsumasa KONDO
NTT Open Source Software Center

Attachment Content-Type Size
gaussian_and_exponential_pgbench_v6.patch application/octet-stream 23.3 KB
image/png 4.0 KB
gnuplot.sh application/x-sh 274 bytes