ParseDateTime in src/backend/utils/adt/datetime.c

From: Vladimir Svedov <vodevsh(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ParseDateTime in src/backend/utils/adt/datetime.c
Date: 2018-05-03 11:21:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi guys,
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50153122/how-come-this-postgres-query-is-working
Above guys are surprised by "ignore other punctuation but use as delimiter"
part.
Do you think this should be mentioned in docs?
E.g.
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/functions-formatting.html
docs have very thorough explanation on what is skipped and what parsed.

I believe at least interval '1^minute' equality to interval '1 minute' or
other short comment would make it clear.

Sorry if Iwrote to a wrong list. Maybe I should write to
pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org instead? please point me If I should.

Regards