pgDay Asia 2017 Announcement and CFP

From: Sameer Kumar <sameer(dot)kumar(at)ashnik(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgDay Asia 2017 Announcement and CFP
Date: 2016-12-16 00:43:51
Lists: pgsql-announce

Hi All,

Following the success of first pan-Asia Postgres event - pgDay Asia 2016
held in March 2016, we are pleased to announce pgDay Asia 2017 to be held
in Singapore. The conference will be held along with FOSSASIA - one of the
largest FOSS conference on the planet. pgDay Asia will be PostgreSQL
conference series for all PostgreSQL enthusiasts in the Asia Pacific region.

For more details on FOSSASIA - http://2017.fossasia.org/

So, you will be able to enjoy one of the largest PostgreSQL conference in
Asia and one of the largest FOSS conferences to meet new friends in Asia in
the same week!

We would also like to open Call For Paper for pgDay Asia 2017. Some of the
topics which can be used for submitting a talk are-
1. Migration projects
2. Performance troubleshooting and tuning
3. noSQL and geo-spatial features of Postgres
4. Unique use-case and customer stories
5. Postgres internals and their value for end users

For some examples you can refer to the papers which were presented at last
year's event - http://2016.pgday.asia/index.html#program

To submit you proposal for presentation please go to this link -
http://tinyurl.com/pgDay-Asia-2017-Cfp

*** Dates ***

Friday, March 17th - Postgres Talks at pgDay Asia
Saturday, March 18th - Dedicated pgDay 2017 track at FOSSASIA 2017

*** Venue **

To be Announced

*** Call for Presentations ***

2016-12-16: Proposals acceptance begins
2017-01-16: Proposals acceptance ends
2017-01-20: Authors of accepted proposals contacted

If you need any additional information please contact our team at
pgday-asia(at)googlegroups(dot)com

Let's meet many PG and FOSS folks in Singapore!

This conference is organized by the PostgreSQL people from Asian
communities. If you have any question, feel free to contact us on
pgday-asia(at)googlegroups(dot)com(dot)

As always, this event will not be possible without generous sponsorship and
support from many different organizations. We will be soon sharing details
of sponsorship opportunities at pgDay Asia 2017.

Best Regards,

*Sameer Kumar | DB Solution Architect*

*ASHNIK PTE. LTD.*

101 Cecil Street, #11-11 Tong Eng Building, Singapore 069533

T: +65 6438 3504 | www.ashnik.com

Skype: sameer.ashnik | T: +65 8110 0350

[image: www.ashnik.com] <http://www.ashnik.com/>​