Re: PG user group in the Kuala Lumpur area?

From: Sameer Kumar <sameer(dot)kumar(at)ashnik(dot)com>
To: Torsten Förtsch <torsten(dot)foertsch(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PG user group in the Kuala Lumpur area?
Date: 2016-07-22 03:56:12
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 10:14 PM Torsten Förtsch <torsten(dot)foertsch(at)gmx(dot)net>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was looking for a PG user group around KL. I know there is one in
> Singapore. As it happens, Chris Travers, the PG contact for Malaysia is
> a friend of mine. So, I asked him. He wasn't aware of one either.
> However, he very much appreciated the idea of founding one. I know there
> are lots of PG users in the area.
>
> But is there enough demand for a user group? If you are interested,
> please contact me.
>
> My idea behind this whole thing is to eventually have a regular PG
> conference South East Asia.

I picked it up a little late. (blame it on my travel)
We did a pgDay Asia in Singapore, last year and we would be doing another
one next year.

We have a User Group in Singapore and the next meetup is planned on 18th
Aug. Here is a link:
http://www.meetup.com/PUGS-Postgres-Users-Group-Singapore/events/232683291/

We can do a meetup in Malaysia (register a new group or use the same one).
Let me know when you are in KL and we would liaise to see how we can host a
meetup there. I can come down (and also tap on my employer's channels to
promote this meetup group).

If you have already setup a meetup group, I would like to be a part of it.

I have been to PGconf.eu several times and I