Fwd: proposal GSoC 2015 task: Allow access to the database via HTTP

From: Вадим Горбачев <bmsdave(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Fwd: proposal GSoC 2015 task: Allow access to the database via HTTP
Date: 2015-03-23 12:37:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Team.

I would like to solve a problem of "Allow access to the database via HTTP".

But before drawing up the demand in GSOC I wanted to consult here.
Therefore I will be grateful to comments from attendees here!

1. I think, will better use access to DB through the stand-alone program
which not necessarily has to be on the same server. At least because it
will give certain freedom in cluster systems.

2. Whether it is obligatory to use a programming language C for this
purpose? After all as the stand-alone program ( frontend ) it has to be not
necessarily written in the same programming language as the server (
backend ). I would prefer to use the python language for writing as I
consider that this language is more clear to system administrators + to
bring much more simply editings in a code.

3. What you will advise what to pass a selection stage in GSOC 2015 from
postgresql?)

PS: my English is poor. I ask you to forgive me for it.

Best Regards,
Vadim Gorbachov