Re: Push down time-related SQLValue functions to foreign server

From: Corey Huinker <corey(dot)huinker(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Alexander Pyhalov <a(dot)pyhalov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Ranier Vilela <ranier(dot)vf(at)gmail(dot)com>, Zhihong Yu <zyu(at)yugabyte(dot)com>, Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Push down time-related SQLValue functions to foreign server
Date: 2022-01-18 05:08:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> The implementation of converting now() to CURRENT_TIMESTAMP
> seems like an underdocumented kluge, too.

I'm very late to the party, but it seems to me that this effort is
describing a small subset of what "routine mapping" seems to be for:
defining function calls that can be pushed down to the foreign server, and
the analogous function on the foreign side. We may want to consider
implementing just enough of CREATE ROUTINE MAPPING and DROP ROUTINE MAPPING
to support these specific fixed functions.