Re: \describe*

From: Corey Huinker <corey(dot)huinker(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, Ryan Murphy <ryanfmurphy(at)gmail(dot)com>, Vik Fearing <vik(dot)fearing(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: \describe*
Date: 2019-02-24 00:14:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Given that this patch has been added to the last commitfest for v12, I
> think we should mark it as targeting 13, so it can be skipped over by
> people looking to get things into v12. Even leaving fairness aside, I
> don't think it's likely to be ready quickly enough...

Obviously this patch is nowhere near the importance of most patches slated
for v12, but I would hope it can be considered, time permitting.

The size of the patch may look large (1036 lines), but 650+ of that is pure
documentation changes, ~50 lines of added autocomplete strings, ~140 lines
are added TailMatches calls (one per new autocomplete string), and what
remains is strncmp() calls to match those same strings, so it's pretty mild
in terms of impact.