Re: asynchronous execution

From: Corey Huinker <corey(dot)huinker(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp, robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com, amitdkhan(dot)pg(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: asynchronous execution
Date: 2017-03-10 23:19:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 6:59 AM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <
horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:

> 9e43e87

Patch fails on current master, but correctly applies to 9e43e87. Thanks for
including the commit id.

Regression tests pass.

As with my last attempt at reviewing this patch, I'm confused about what
kind of queries can take advantage of this patch. Is it only cases where a
local table has multiple inherited foreign table children? Will it work
with queries where two foreign tables are referenced and combined with a
UNION ALL?