Re: csv format for psql

From: Corey Huinker <corey(dot)huinker(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us
Cc: coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr, michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz, daniel(at)manitou-mail(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: csv format for psql
Date: 2018-11-26 04:19:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Or we could kill both issues by hard-wiring the separator as ','.

+1

I've never encountered a situation where a customer wanted a custom
delimiter AND quoted strings. So either they wanted pure CSV or a customed
TSV.

Could we have another output type called "separated" that uses the existing
--fieldsep / --recordsep? Word will get out that csv is faster, but we'd
still have the flexibility if somebody really wanted it.