Re: Broken SSL tests in master

From: Mithun Cy <mithun(dot)cy(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andreas Karlsson <andreas(at)proxel(dot)se>, "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Broken SSL tests in master
Date: 2016-12-05 18:23:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 9:18 AM, Mithun Cy <mithun(dot)cy(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
wrote:
>On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 2:26 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>>Yeah, we should change that. Are you going to write a patch?
> Thanks, will work on this will produce a patch to patch to fix.

This is more complicated than I thought, I tried to fix same by delaying
the decoding of URI encoded hostname till connectOptions2(patch attached),
but that bring side effect for PQconninfoParse and PQconninfo which will
still show encoded string for "host" (also note %2x is a regular chars in
non-uri connection string). So I think even with uri connection string we
will be not able to use "," in hostname. I think probably just as in
regular connection string comma can only be used as separator.

--
Thanks and Regards
Mithun C Y

Attachment Content-Type Size
libpq-multihost-comma-in-uri.patch application/octet-stream 9.0 KB