Re: [POC] A better way to expand hash indexes.

From: Mithun Cy <mithun(dot)cy(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [POC] A better way to expand hash indexes.
Date: 2017-03-25 04:43:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 8:16 AM, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Sure, I was telling you based on that. If you are implicitly treating
> it as 2-dimensional array, it might be easier to compute the array
>offsets.

I think calculating spares offset will not become anyway much simpler
we still need to calculate split group and split phase separately. I
have added a patch to show how a 2-dimensional spares code looks like
and where all we need changes.

--
Thanks and Regards
Mithun C Y

Attachment Content-Type Size
expand_hashbucket_efficiently_06_spares_2dimesion.patch application/octet-stream 32.3 KB
expand_hashbucket_efficiently_06_spares_1dimension.patch application/octet-stream 20.0 KB