Re: Indexing - comparison of tree structures

From: "Jonah H(dot) Harris" <jonah(dot)harris(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Sascha Kuhl <yogidabanli(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Indexing - comparison of tree structures
Date: 2019-05-25 00:15:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

T-tree (and variants) are index types commonly associated with in-memory
database management systems and rarely, if-ever, used with on-disk
databases. There has been a lot of research in regard to more modern cache
conscious/oblivious b-trees that perform equally or better than t-tree.
What’s the use-case?

--
Jonah H. Harris