Re: Persist MVCC forever - retain history

From: "Jonah H(dot) Harris" <jonah(dot)harris(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Mitar <mmitar(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Persist MVCC forever - retain history
Date: 2020-07-03 02:43:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jul 2, 2020 at 2:56 PM Mitar <mmitar(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> (Sorry if this was already discussed, it looks pretty obvious, but I
> could not find anything.)

There have been a couple timetravel extensions done, each with their own
limitations. I don’t believe a perfect implementation could be done without
reading the functionality to core (which would be new functionality given
all the changes.) I’d say start with the extensions and go from there.

--
Jonah H. Harris