Re: Missing docs on AT TIME ZONE precedence?

From: Shay Rojansky <roji(at)roji(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Missing docs on AT TIME ZONE precedence?
Date: 2023-11-26 17:45:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>> Is there a missing line in the operator precedence table in the docs?
>
> I think the big question is whether AT TIME ZONE is significant enough
> to list there because there are many other clauses we could potentially
> add there.

Just to give more context, I'm a maintainer on Entity Framework Core (the
.NET ORM), and this caused the provider to generate incorrect SQL etc.

If you decide to not have a comprehensive operator precedence table (though
I do hope you do), I'd at least amend the "any other operator" and "all
other native and user-defined operators" to clearly indicate that some
operators aren't listed and have undocumented precedences, so implementers
can at least be aware and test the unlisted ones etc.