Add a tab-completion for "SELECT <sth> INTO" or "SELECT <sth> FROM" in psql

From: "C,C H" <a12321aabb(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Add a tab-completion for "SELECT <sth> INTO" or "SELECT <sth> FROM" in psql
Date: 2018-07-02 05:57:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I use tab-completion in psql quite often and I find that I can't complete
"FROM" for SELECT query.

So I try to create a patch for it.

I download the source code from GitHub master branch and modify the file to
create the patch.

I compile the code and my code change works like follows,
postgres=# SELECT * <Tab Key><Tab Key>
FROM INTO
postgres=# SELECT *

This is my first patch contribution trial here, please correct me if there
is something wrong.

Thanks.

CCHsu

Attachment Content-Type Size
psql_select_from_completion.patch application/octet-stream 442 bytes