Re: SKIP LOCKED DATA (work in progress)

From: Thomas Munro <munro(at)ip9(dot)org>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SKIP LOCKED DATA (work in progress)
Date: 2014-05-14 20:29:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 13 May 2014 23:06, Thomas Munro <munro(at)ip9(dot)org> wrote:

> A couple of years ago I posted an outline of a plan [1] and an
> initial patch [2] for implementing SKIP LOCKED DATA. I have
> recently come back to this idea, rebased the patch and added a
> simple isolation test -- please see attached.

I have attached a new version which copies the skipLocked member
in _copyPlanRowMark, _copyRowMarkClause and _copyLockClause.
Without these, SKIP LOCKED DATA didn't work in pl/pgsql (as reported
by David Rowley off-list). (Also some whitespace changes.)

Best regards,
Thomas Munro

Attachment Content-Type Size
skip-locked-data-v4.patch text/x-patch 44.1 KB