pg_recvlogical use of SIGHUP

From: Dave Cramer <davecramer(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_recvlogical use of SIGHUP
Date: 2018-07-06 17:49:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

There is some undocumented (nothing in the docs) code that allows for
closing reopening the output file for pg_recvlogical.

Since this doesn't change the name of the file in the process I'm wondering
how one might actually use this "feature" ?

I could see it being useful if we were to be able to change the file name
and create a new file based on some form of template ?

Am I missing something ?

Dave Cramer