Re: [RFC] How about changing the default value of defaultRowFetchSize?

From: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
To: "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
Cc: List <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [RFC] How about changing the default value of defaultRowFetchSize?
Date: 2016-10-20 11:22:35
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

It is important to note that fetch size only works when autocommit is off.
The implication here is:
1) fetch size has no bearing whatsoever for most people.
2) You have to know that fetch size only works in a transaction so you
should be sophisticated enough to set it.
OTOH, I have no objection to setting it to say 100

Dave Cramer

davec(at)postgresintl(dot)com
www.postgresintl.com