Re: code completion feature question

From: Bartosz Dmytrak <bdmytrak(at)eranet(dot)pl>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: David Greco <David_Greco(at)harte-hanks(dot)com>, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>, PgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: code completion feature question
Date: 2012-03-14 20:43:35
Lists: pgadmin-support

As I wrote, SQL Workbench is good benchmark - it is not possible to select
columns without named table, again, there is even possibility to filter
list of available elements (tables, views, columns,...).
In my opinion GUI tool should support this feature (with or without psql
background). This speeds up coding dramatically. Right now I have to
copy/paste column names to avoid misspell.

Regards,
Bartek

2012/3/14 Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>

> ... Once psql gains the ability to autocomplete SELECT column
> names (which I believe is unlikely to happen, as without knowing the
> table name, even a moderately sized database could end up listing
> thousands of columns)

Totally agree