Re: Getting non_NULL right-side values on a non-matching join?

From: Ken Tanzer <ken(dot)tanzer(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Getting non_NULL right-side values on a non-matching join?
Date: 2013-11-23 06:41:57
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks Tom. The workaround seems harmless, even good coding practice, so
it's all good on my end. If it were useful to you I'd gladly build and
test it, but I doubt that's the case. But just say the word! Otherwise
it's just a question of time and priorities, and it seems likely to chew up
at least a few hours if I'm careful about it.

OTOH, if there were a very clear and credible page with good instructions
on installing build environment + postgres (for say RHEL, Ubuntu & Fedora)
that would install side by side with an existing installation (and how to
remove it all cleanly) it would make me and maybe others more able/likely
to test patches. There may be such a page--I just didn't find it. And I
was somewhat dissuaded from building an RPM on my CentOs machine by the
note in the Postgres wiki that the ubuntu packages allow "multiple versions
more easily than other packaging schemes."

Just a thought. I know all the information is out there and can be pieced
together. Like many computing endeavors, I'm sure the second time would be
quick and easy, but likely not so much the first!

Cheers,
Ken

--
AGENCY Software
A data system that puts you in control

Subscribe to the mailing
list<agency-general-request(at)lists(dot)sourceforge(dot)net?body=subscribe>
learn more about AGENCY or
follow the discussion.