Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft

From: Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft
Date: 2021-05-10 08:28:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 3:03 PM Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:

> I have committed the first draft of the PG 14 release notes. You can
> see the most current build of them here:
>
> https://momjian.us/pgsql_docs/release-14.html

Thank you!

> Add system view pg_stat_replication_slots to report replication slot activity (Sawada Masahiko, Amit Kapila)
>
> Function pg_stat_reset_replication_slot() resets slot statistics. THIS IS LOGICAL ONLY, BUT NO "LOGICAL" IN THE NAME?

IIUC pg_stat_replication_slots view supports only logical slot for
now. But we might have it show also physical slot in the future. I'm
fine with the current view name and description but someone might want
to use "logical replication slot" instead of just "replication slot".

> IS "ACTIVITY" THE RIGHT WORD?

The doc says "The pg_stat_replication_slots view will contain one row
per logical replication slot, showing statistics about its usage.". So
we can say "... to report replication slot statistics about its
usage".

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada