Re: User defined data types in Logical Replication

From: Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Huong Dangminh <huo-dangminh(at)ys(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>
Cc: Petr Jelinek <petr(dot)jelinek(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Hiroshi Yanagisawa <hir-yanagisawa(at)ut(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>
Subject: Re: User defined data types in Logical Replication
Date: 2017-12-20 04:30:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 11:25 PM, Huong Dangminh
<huo-dangminh(at)ys(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com> wrote:
>> eventually we'll need to map types to
>> local oid (and possibly more) where the local info is cached so that we
>> can interpret binary representation of replicated data (which we'll add
>> at some point since it's big performance boost).

Sounds good.

>> So I am afraid that if we do the rename of typmap to remotetype in this
>> patch it will a) make backports of fixes in the related code harder, b)
>> force us to rename it back again in the future.
>
> Thanks for your comment.
>
>> I'd keep your general approach but keep using typmap naming.
>
> I update the patch as Petr Jelineks mention, keep using typmap naming.

Thank you for updating the patch. Here is a review comment.

- if (errarg->attnum < 0)
+ rel = errarg->rel;
+ remote_attnum = rel->attrmap[errarg->local_attnum];
+
+ if (remote_attnum < 0)
return;

I think errarg->local_attnum can be -1 here and access an invalid
address if slot_store_error_callback() is called before setting
errarg.local_attnum. I cannot see such call path in the current code
so far but would need to be fixed.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada