Re: BUG #17695: Failed Assert in logical replication snapbuild.

From: Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Cc: bowenshi <zxwsbg(at)qq(dot)com>, "pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #17695: Failed Assert in logical replication snapbuild.
Date: 2023-05-17 05:34:35
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Mon, Mar 27, 2023 at 8:49 PM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se> wrote:

> This thread has been idle for quite some time, and the test isn't running at
> all, whereas there is more activity on the linked thread. AFAICT from the
> thread this issue is reproducible in HEAD so the test should be for master
> right? Should this be closed in favor of the other patch?

Reviewing the thread, one assertion failure was reported[1] and then
another assertion failure was reported[2]. But the later one was
already under discussion on another thread[3]. So I think we should
tackle the former one (i.e. originally reported issue) on this thread.

When it comes to the original issue, I already shared the reproducible
steps[4] and I've confirmed again with the steps that the issue still
happens on 14 or later and the patch . However I don't find a way to
reproduce it without sleep/gdb attach.

The fix is straightforward and it seems OK to me but the regression
test part might need more discussion.

Regards,

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/17695-6be9277c9295985f%40postgresql.org
[2] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/tencent_7EB71DA5D7BA00EB0B429DCE45D0452B6406%40qq.com
[3] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAA4eK1L8wYcyTPxNzPGkhuO52WBGoOZbT0A73Le=ZUWYAYmdfw@mail.gmail.com
[4] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAD21AoCsxvV3Mpzv8Q3hG7CdQZ7vSBWyEFLgY3QZARRDcgzVwA%40mail.gmail.com

--
Masahiko Sawada

Attachment Content-Type Size
reset_next_phase_at.patch application/octet-stream 842 bytes