Re: Support for N synchronous standby servers - take 2

From: Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Beena Emerson <memissemerson(at)gmail(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Support for N synchronous standby servers - take 2
Date: 2016-02-25 16:23:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Attached latest patch includes document patch.

> When I changed s_s_names to 'hoge*' and reloaded the configuration file,
> the server crashed unexpectedly with the following error message.
> This is obviously a bug.

Fixed.

> - allows any byte except a double quote in double-quoted
> representation. A double-quote just after a delimiter can open
> quoted representation.

No. double quote is also allowed in double-quoted representation using
by two double-quotes.
if s_s_names = '"node""hoge"' then standby name will be 'node"hoge'.

> I have no problem with it. The attached new sample parser does
> so.
>
> By the way, your parser also complains for an example I've seen
> somewhere upthread "1[2,3,4]". This is because '2', '3' and '4'
> are regarded as INT, not NAME. Whether a sequence of digits is a
> prefix number of a list or a host name cannot be identified until
> reading some following characters. So my previous test.l defined
> NAME_OR_INTEGER and it is distinguished in the grammar side to
> resolve this problem.
>
> If you want them identified in the lexer side, it should do
> looking-forward as <NAME_OR_PREFIX>{prefix} in the attached
> test.l does. This makes the lexer a bit complex but in contrast
> test.y simpler. The test.l, test.y attached got refactored but .l
> gets a bit tricky..

I think that lexer can pass both INT and NAME as char* to parser, and
then parser regards them as integer or char*.
It would be more simple.
Thoughts?

Thank you for giving lexer and parser example but I'm not sure that it
makes thing more easier.
It seems to make thing more complex.

Attached patch handles parameter using similar way as postgres parses SQL.
Please having a look it and give me feedbacks.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada

Attachment Content-Type Size
000_multi_sync_replication_v11.patch application/octet-stream 39.0 KB