Re: GIN data corruption bug(s) in 9.6devel

From: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: GIN data corruption bug(s) in 9.6devel
Date: 2016-02-25 16:32:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>> Well, turns out there's a quite significant difference, actually. The
>> index sizes I get (quite stable after multiple runs):
>>
>> 9.5 : 2428 MB
>> 9.6 + alone cleanup : 730 MB
>> 9.6 + pending lock : 488 MB

In attach modified alone_cleanup patch which doesn't break cleanup process as it
does pending_lock patch but attached patch doesn't touch a lock management.

Tomas. if you can, pls, repeat test with this patch. If not, I will try to do
it, but later.

WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/

Attachment Content-Type Size
gin_alone_cleanup-3.1.patch binary/octet-stream 6.0 KB